Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Reports of my demise have been only slightly exaggerated

What a long, strange two and a half weeks it has been since I last posted. We've been shooting all this time, which is a... well, it's a mixed experience. A lot of the stuff we've filmed is really rewarding and I'm quite proud of it. Some of it is utter shite that makes me want to throwing boiling oil into my eyes (but y'all know how I overreact sometimes, especially when it comes to critiquing my own work... Other folks who have seen it think it's just fine. If possible, I'll post up some rough footage and let you be the judge).

The actual process might be the most interesting thing, though... Man, we have had so many adventures through this whole thing - brushes with casual violence, decadence, poverty, gunplay, seduction, pecuniary exploitation, litigation, police scuffles, union bullying, stalking... I'm gonna update you all on it soon. As always, I've been keeping notes and composing entries but I've been way too busy to post them up (Oh yeah, we have literally more than a thousand pictures, which you will see soon).

Usually I don't get a chance to get online at all because we're so busy, but the only reason I'm here right now instead of shooting on set is because I'm basically hiding from the cast and crew right now because I don't know how to tell them that we might have to shut down the production in a few days... Hell, maybe even today.

A number of circumstances - ranging from acts of God to the inherent fucked-upness of Man - have led to us being like a week over schedule, which means over budget, which means broke. Real broke, man... I can barely even piece together a coherent paragraph right now because even my thoughts is broke.

But that's an exciting saga I'll be sharing with you on this page from now on... Provided I can scare up the random change to get online every once in a while.

In any case, thanks for all the positive thoughts and messages... We're gonna keep soldiering on, though right now I can't quite see any way we can realistically do so.

But I am gonna finish this damn movie, yo... Even if it means my guts fizzle and curl up inside me.

4 comments:

Nunya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lauren alyse belle said...

what they said..

lauren alyse belle said...

wow @ all of the support.

i'm going to call over there today and inform the guys of this.

let's see what happens.

aflakete the wunderkid said...

http://bongodoesnollywood.blogspot.com

check it too PEOPLE

PLEASE